Friday, September 10, 2021

Play

 What is play?! The actual definition is to engage in an activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.  Why do we play?! For fun, for enjoyment, to learn,  to be silly and to use our imaginations. Play is one of the most important aspects of preschool as it teaches our kids conflict resolution, it helps with socialization but mostly it allows the kids to be free to play, pretend and enjoy all of the things around them. I asked several kids, What are you playing? and I got several amazing answers like, " I am a Pirate", "We are pretending that she is a kitty and I am chasing her"., " I am putting my babies to sleep" and finally " I don't know what I am playing I just like it"!  The importance of play in classrooms is evident by smiling kids that learn and grow with us each day! Hooray for play! 



This is my house! 


Pretending to take an order at McDonalds!


Playing music!


Peek a boo with friends! 


She is a kitty and I am chasing her! 


I am a Pirate! 


Putting my babies to sleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment